With cryptocurrencies at all-time highs and crypto casinos more popular than ever, there has never been a better time to make the switch from conventional casinos to their new-generation crypto gambling counterparts. Why is this change taking place? Why do more and more players make the move towards Bitcoin casinos? And may conventional online gambling establishments such as Winorama find benefits in integrating blockchain payment options into their platforms? Let’s find out.
Top 5 Bitcoin Gambling Sites
We’ve done our utmost to pick out 5 of the best crypto gambling sites online. They all have casino signup promotions available and include games that follow the crypto ‘Provably Fair’ model. They operate in multiple languages and have massive jackpot payouts too. Each BTC gambling venue listed has been operating for 7+ years, and thus, enjoys user loyalty. They also offer dedicated live chat support.
- Bitstarz. With over 3,100 games on offer, Bitstarz has one of the most diverse portfolios. New games are added every week. It is a winner of numerous awards from review sites. The latest award was granted for its top-rated 24/7 live chat customer service and support. Currently, 7 ongoing casino promotions are available for both new and existing customers.
- Accepted cryptocurrencies: BTC, BCH, ETH, DOGE, USDT, LTC.
- mBit Casino. Looking to gain a top spot among BTC betting sites, mBit Casino offers what appears to be the best exclusive welcome package — 5 BTC and 300 free spins. It has 2,000+ games to choose from. mBit also boasts some of the fastest deposit and withdrawal times. It takes under 10 minutes to finalize a transaction. They’re well-positioned in the market offering a huge number of quality games from 30 software providers. BGaming, GameArt, and Betsoft are among them.
- Accepted cryptocurrencies: BTC, ETH, BCH, LTC, DOGE, USDT.
- FortuneJack. It has been operating since 2014. So, it is without a doubt one of the best-known names in the blockchain betting industry. FortuneJack offers 1,500 games from top providers, including Microgaming, Evolution Gaming, and Amatic. Provable Fairness is a key part of their crypto gambling casino policy. 16 titles available to choose from follow the provably fair gambling model. Almost every major cryptocurrency is accepted at FortuneJack — 8 coins are supported.
- Accepted cryptocurrencies: BTC, ETH, LTC, DOGE, ZEC, TRX, DASH, XMR
- 7Bit Casino. Supporting conventionally preferred deposit methods: Visa, Skrill, Neteller, they also offer blockchain crypto deposits to solidify their position as one of the best Bitcoin gambling sites. 5 blockchain currencies are accepted. With a selection of games from 59 different providers at 7Bit Casino, there’s no shortage of titles available to the casino guest. It has a tiered VIP program with 10 different levels. Players get both free spins and cashback up to 20%. 7Bit has provably fair roulette, cards, and Bitcoin slots.
- Accepted cryptocurrencies: BTC, LTC, ETH, DOGE, BCH.
- Cloudbet. Established in 2013, this is the oldest Bitcoin casino. It’s a crypto casino, sportsbook, and eSports blockchain betting platform. Cloudbet hosts a huge variety of games, including slots, arcade, baccarat, blackjack, roulette, and live table games. The crypto sportsbook offers both pre-match and in-play blockchain betting for the most highly followed sports worldwide. Football, tennis, basketball, baseball, ice hockey, rugby, snooker, MMA, motorsports, Formula 1 are all available at this crypto sportsbook casino. It’s necessary to say that CS:GO, DOTA2, Call Of Duty, FIFA, and many popular e-gaming titles for BTC eSports betting are available at Cloudbet. It accepts 9+ different cryptocurrencies to deposit and play with. Also, it has an in-house loyalty program that awards loyalty points.
- Accepted cryptocurrencies: BTC, BCH, ETH, USDT, USDC, PAX, DAI, PAXG, LINK
Why Is Crypto Gambling So Popular?
The market for cryptos is valued at $1.7T. They get adopted by virtually every industry, including the online gambling industry. Most recently, Tesla boss Elon Musk has given the Bitcoin blockchain his seal of approval. He purchased $1.5 billion in BTC as a buffer for Tesla to start taking payment in this cryptocurrency. It is likely that soon more big players will follow the lead. Just over a decade ago, a single Bitcoin could have cost less than $0.01. Nowadays, the price of a single BTC is enough to buy a top-of-the-line Tesla car with all the bells and whistles.
With this level of increase in value, crypto gamblers are, perhaps, looking to make two bets for the price of one, using the intrinsic nature of the coin’s price. There are numerous other advantages of using Bitcoins as a token for gambling other than its monetary value. So, why is it a safe bet for online casino games?
- Cheaper transactions. The cost of secure Bitcoin transactions and other crypto blockchain transactions is next to nothing, not just for the sender but also for the receiver. Crypto transactions are not processed by banks, so in most cases, the only fee charged is the miner’s fee. Thus, most crypto casinos don’t ask for a commission, though there are some that do charge around 2% on average.
- Near-instant transactions. Again, this works in both directions for users of cryptocurrencies in the online gambling sector. Deposit transfers require no verification and sometimes the same goes for withdrawals. Some crypto casinos state that they aim to credit their users’ crypto wallets within 2 minutes of the withdrawal or deposit.
- No borders. Cryptos are known for accessibility. They’re available to anyone with an internet connection. This enables crypto casinos to offer their services to anyone online if they so please. This may cause some problems for a crypto gambler in relation to the regulation of certain online gambling venues. Still, all top BTC casinos are licensed, audited, and regulated much in the same way as their fiat-based counterparts such as Winorama Casino.
What Is Provably Fair Gaming? And How It Works?
Provable fairness is often used within the crypto casino gambling arena. You won’t find this mentioned on conventional casino sites, but, perhaps, they should start taking note. It’s becoming a modern benchmark of ‘fairness’ for games above and beyond RNG (Random Number Generator) audits from online casino security companies. It proves that the results of games are completely random, albeit predetermined prior to any bets, and that no manipulation has taken place after the bet was placed and before the result is revealed.
The Mechanics of Being Fair
Provable fairness is based on cryptographic hash functions. There are several different implementations that the industry-leading crypto casinos use. The most common and safest for blockchain casinos is to generate a seed and send this as a hashed value to players for each unique ‘hand dealt’ in real time as rounds are played. This can then be used to confirm the outcome of each game round and ensure that it was not tampered with. The originating hash is published before the round starts and before the bets are placed.
Some casinos go one step further and actually pre-generate millions of round result determining hashes at a time using a unique secret server key. They feed the resulting hashes back into the secret key millions upon millions of times generating a chain of game results. They then publish a random round numbers hash on the site and the last round numbers hash of the chain generated. This ensures that the same unique server secret has been used in all games and the rounds played are part of the pre-generated sequence. This proves that no manipulation of results has taken place within the set of results for that given sequence as each game’s result is derived from the previous one.
One of the main benefits of the provably fair system is that third-party auditing isn’t largely required. The mathematical model used within this system proves itself to be fair in real time as games are played. It is open to the scrutiny of anyone wishing to test it, not just specifically hired third parties. Some BTC gambling sites even publish the actual source code and cryptographic algorithms used within their provably fair model.
Crypto Gambling: Fraud & Security
As mentioned earlier, online blockchain gambling establishments, for the most part, are licensed, regulated, and controlled in the same way as conventional online casinos. Such sites will have the relevant details, license numbers, registered addresses, etc. displayed on their homepage.
To get the idea, take a look at Winorama Casino. At the foot of the page, we show the info about ownership, registration, as well as locate the Responsible Gambling section. There, we expand on problem gambling and self-exclusion systems built-in for those wishing to take a break.
With the provable fairness policies most crypto gambling sites have in place, blockchain casinos offer players an additional layer of transparency not found elsewhere. Connections to Bitcoin gambling sites are safe and secure. All the sites that we mentioned have valid standard SSL encryption certificates in place. They are issued by some of the most trusted certificate authorities in the business — Cloudflare, Amazon, and Sectigo to name a few providers securing your personal information.
Is Blockchain Adoption at Winorama Casino a Must to Gain Trust of Players?
Blockchain adoption for venues like Winorama Casino may certainly help gain the trust of players. Although most third-party security providers do an adequate job of maintaining fairness, the blockchain casino model operates at a much lower cost compared to conventional casinos and is able to offer higher RTP (Return To Player) rates. Some BTC casinos and sportsbooks have a selection of in-house games on offer that have an RTP of over 99%. Alongside this, Provable Fairness is becoming standard at these establishments.
Best Crypto (BTC) Gambling Sites — Winorama Casino Review
For a more in-depth breakdown of the best crypto gambling sites, read on.
It appears the BTC casino sites and online gambling market are split into two sectors, at least from a depositing and withdrawal perspective.
Most crypto casinos appear to offer conventional deposit methods including Bitcoin or another cryptocurrency. For the likes of Winorama casino this may be advantageous, not everyone looking to play at an online casino will want to use only crypto. They also want to have access to a plastic card or bank account, which can be used to load online wallets for use at casinos without entering card details. To have all bases covered at a crypto online casino perhaps the later option would be most beneficial? Time will tell.
Crypto-only casinos do not accept traditional payment methods. So, you can’t bet fiat money there. Before you start using such casinos, make sure to create your personal crypto wallet and purchase coins (unless you own some already). After this, you will be able to transfer the desired amount of cryptocurrency to your casino account and start betting with it. As a rule, crypto-only casinos follow the provably fair principle of operation. This helps players verify that the played round and its outcome haven’t been manipulated.
TOP Casino Games to Try Luck with BTC
You can expect from crypto casinos that claim to offer the following services.
- Classic Casino
- Live Casino
- eSports Betting Platform
- BTC / Blockchain Games
Classic online crypto casinos offer slots and table games, video poker, bingo, and even scratch card games. For example, Winorama is a classic gambling company. Live casino platforms are taking certain aspects of the online casino to a ‘live’ level, offering a unique user experience.
Live blockchain casino games have interactive live versions of the casino favorites such as roulette, blackjack, baccarat. Players can expect to open up feeds to tables with live-streamed dealer games. A real time live video feed is displayed to players, along with the results. It is combined with video-game interfaces.
With varying levels of coverage, online crypto sportsbooks allow players to bet on sporting events on a pre-game or in-play basis. Sites offering in-play blockchain live sports betting display in-game statistics, such as shots on goal in football matches.
And of course, they also include live score information. This is available for major sports, including football, basketball, tennis, rugby, and a whole lot more. But it doesn’t stop there. Even live streams for the range of games currently in-play are offered for bigger events.
Much the same as their conventional sportsbook market counterparts, eSports crypto betting platforms are available both pre-game and in-play. All the big games should be on offer, including but not limited to CS:GO, DOTA2, Call Of Duty, and FIFA. Live streams of all the action are also available for players to enjoy and bet on in real time.
A large portion of popular BTC and crypto casinos host their own in-house BTC & Blockchain games. These games are usually a showcase of a ‘provably fair’ crypto gaming model, providing detailed information on the transparency of games in the blockchain betting establishment.
They may list either familiar titles like Bitcoin poker and dice, or provide fresh alternatives like crash. Some of these games feature the Return To Player rates of virtually 100%, meaning that casinos have a minuscule house edge on guests’ winnings.
Best Crypto Promotions vs Winorama Casino Bonuses (Real Money)
- Bitstarz: Double deposit bonus up to 100 euros / dollars + 180 free spins.
- mBit Casino: First deposit, 2nd, and 3rd deposit bonuses totaling 5 BTC or equivalent in other crypto value + 300 free spins.
- FortuneJack: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th deposit welcome bonuses totaling 5 BTC + a 250 free spins bonus.
- 7Bit Casino: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th deposit reload bonuses totaling 5 BTC + 100 deposit bonus free spins.
- Cloudbet: 1st deposit bonus up to 5 BTC or equivalent for new players.
- Winorama Casino: Free $7 at registration as a no deposit bonus + 1st deposit bonus up to $200.
Winorama Casino accepts not only the United States Dollar (USD), but also Euro (EUR), and British Pound (GBP). In terms of bonuses and promotions, the deposit bonus values are definitely higher at crypto casinos. But Winorama Casino offers a free bonus at registration with no deposited cash or addition of payment method required. We would also advise you to check online to see if you can find any other additional bonus codes.
So, Where Are Bitcoin Casinos Legal?
- USA (Certain states)
Such casinos are legal if there are no specific laws against both Bitcoin usage and online gambling within a territory. As a rule, there you can use licensed online Bitcoin casino sites. However, even if online betting is legal, crypto casinos may be a grey area in certain countries. While it may be deemed illegal to gamble with Bitcoin in a country, their laws may also specify that as the website isn’t hosted locally, a bet isn’t being placed there and as such falls out of their jurisdiction.
Examples of such countries are Denmark and Germany. Some crypto casinos may restrict access from these countries in order to avoid problems with regulators however. In the United States, the legality of such platforms varies depending on the territory you come from. Bitcoin casinos are legal in some states and are not in others where restrictions are in place.
What Is the Best Cryptocurrency for Online Casino Gambling?
BTC is not surprisingly the most widely used crypto for online gambling and just about everything else. ETH and other re-packaged ETH tokens appear to be largely accepted too. Some crypto blockchains have actually been created specifically for use in crypto gambling and casinos. An example of this is TRON (TRX), which currently has a market cap of $3.5B.
Popular Crypto Currencies (Abbreviations) are: BTC Bitcoin, ETH Ethereum, BCH Bitcoin Cash, LTC Litecoin, DOGE Dogecoin, USDT Tether, ZEC Zcash, TRX Tron, DASH Dash, XMR Monero, USDC Stablecoin, PAX Paxos, DAI Dai, PAXG Paxos Gold, LINK Chainlink.
Is Bitcoin Too Volatile for Online Casino Gaming in 2023?
Volatility is somewhat written into the makeup of Bitcoin and other cryptos, so owning them is the first gamble users make. Since inception, the trend has been in an upwards direction though, so currently, it’s perhaps a wise investment to make. As mentioned earlier, owning Bitcoin and using it to gamble is likely a hedge against any potential losses in a BTC casino. This obviously isn’t possible when using traditional payment and currencies.
Digital vs Real Money Play at Winorama Casino
In theory, the gaming experience shouldn’t be any different if a player is using digital or real money to bet. In practice, however, there are several big differences. Most notably, it’s the provable fairness model employed by crypto casinos in some games including their in-house specials.
A hedge against any losses that the possibility of owning crypto provides is worth another mention. Finally, it’s the benefit of lower transaction costs. It’s not uncommon for classic casinos to charge fees in excess of 5% for plastic deposits. In most cases, this isn’t the casino skimming but rather the transaction processors charging for their services.
How to Use Cryptocurrency at Online Gambling Sites?
With cryptos becoming easier to purchase by the day and their increasing legitimacy, they’re easy to use and get hold of.
Anonymous Depositing — Step-by-Step
As a rule, using BTC in casinos requires the following:
- Log in with the casino of your choice.
- Go to the Deposit section.
- Choose the preferred method of payment — e.g. Bitcoin.
- The casino will provide a wallet ID to make a deposit to — send Bitcoin from your personal wallet there.
- Once there’s a confirmation on the blockchain, your casino account will be credited.
Some casinos allow users to bet directly with other cryptocurrencies or convert them to BTC to do so. Others perform a conversion into a fiat value of €/£/$ or their own native token for placing bets. Most licensed sites likely don’t allow this and have KYC policies in place to prevent players from unfair gambling. Although, in essence, the crypto may be coming from a partially anonymous source, its actual usage is thoroughly regulated. It’s at the casino’s discretion if they accept players on an anonymous basis.
1-Second Withdrawing Guide
Depending on the blockchain in use, the transaction confirmation time may vary — it is not instantaneous. Some crypto casinos claim a 1-second withdrawal time, which may be how long it takes them to initiate the withdrawal to a wallet. Nevertheless, the time for the withdrawal is different for each cryptocurrency.
For example, it takes longer to send the money from winning bets to the players’ Bitcoin wallets than to Litecoin wallets. When a withdrawal is initiated, the process is basically the reverse of depositing. Your personal blockchain wallet will be credited by the casino, which of course takes time as it requires confirmation on the blockchain.
Verification Procedure & KYC (Explained)
Verification and know-your-customer procedures vary from casino to casino and from player to player. We’ve found that initially, just a verified email address or SMS and one-time passcode are required to get playing. Depending on players’ locations and the amount they wager, crypto casinos may also require proof of identity, age, and address.
Yes, this is the nature of blockchain. While anonymous in essence, transactions are effectively given a permanent public ledger on the blockchain due to its decentralized nature.
Yes, crypto casinos we’ve reviewed offer live games falling into line with their conventional counterparts like Winorama.Casino.
Information on license numbers, regulation details, and registered addresses should all be listed on the BTC casinos website along with their terms and conditions.
The number one online exchange to purchase cryptocurrencies is Coinbase. They have already listed 50 coins.
Crypto casinos generally won’t allow cross-currency crypto/non-crypto transactions from real cash wallets. But some have a broker widget within their site to allow users to do this.
While licensed and regulated casinos are safe for users, they do not offer the safest way to store your coins. If you intend to keep cryptos for a long period of time, you should download and use a wallet for the best levels of safety and security.